- Principal's Report
- School Fees are now Overdue
- Class Awards - Week 2
- Year 5 News
- School Photos
- NUDE Food Day - 23 June 2020
- ELC School Holiday Program - July 2020
- OSH - July Holiday Program
- OSH Club News
- Student Sign-In and Sign-Out
- Lost Property
- STA Parish Information & Rosters
- Community News
- Belconnen Community Support Services for Parents
- Holiday Happenings - Winter Online Edition
- Perimeter Guardian - App Reviews - June
- June Birthdays
Next week reports will be sent home to families. The Semester 1 Report will look quite different from previous years and will contain the following information:
- The report covers work completed in both Term 1 and Term 2.
- Student achievement for Years 1-6 will be reported as an A-E grade for the three main core areas: Religious Education, English and Mathematics for all students. Students may receive a grade for other learning areas, however this will be dependent on what teachers were able to adequately assess and will vary between grades.
- Kindergarten students will be graded on a 3-point scale - Competent, Developing and Experiencing Difficulty.
- A new section ‘Engagement with Learning’ has been developed to replace the ‘Personal and Social Capabilities’. The new statements are based on the Australian Curriculum’s General Capabilities and targets four key areas of learning engagement: Thinking, Communication, Responsibility, Collaboration. These statements provide targeted information about your child’s approach to learning.
- Catholic Education, Canberra and Goulburn has decided to remove the General Comment section of the report to maintain a consistent approach across the system.
Reports will be sent home with students on Friday, 26 June. A letter will accompany the report explaining the reasons for this modified report.
Optional parent teacher interviews will be held via Zoom during Week 10. Please contact your child/ren’s teacher directly to arrange a meeting.
In recent weeks we have been looking at the school uniform. St Thomas Aquinas has a uniform policy in place and the expectation is that students will come in the correct uniform. Our uniform is one way of providing students with a sense of belonging and a way of developing pride in themselves and for our school. If for some reason your child is unable to wear the correct uniform for a particular day, you will need to provide a note for their class teacher. The school has a well-stocked second-hand uniform pool for those who require additional uniform items, otherwise McDonalds Schoolwear at Jamison are fully stocked with uniforms for St Thomas Aquinas. If you are unable to afford to buy the correct school uniform, please contact me.
The correct winter uniform is outlined below:
Boys: Long sleeve Sky Blue shirt with logo or Sky Blue skivvy, or long sleeve Sky Blue polo shirt with school logo and long Navy Blue trousers, shorts are accepted.
Girls: Long sleeve Sky Blue blouse with Peter Pan collar or Sky Blue polo neck skivvy or long sleeve Sky Blue shirt with logo, Navy Blue slacks (no leggings) or Navy Blue dress - clearon fabric 9046, navy blue stockings or white ankle height socks
Items common to both Uniforms:
- Maroon jumper with school logo or Maroon polar fleece with school logo
- Maroon sloppy joe with school logo
- Black leather school shoes (summer and winter) – not sports shoes
- White ankle height socks
Sports Uniform: Navy Blue tracksuit pants (no leggings) with Sky/Navy blue sports knit shirt with school logo or Sky Blue skivvy. Gym shoes for sports days only. Year 6 students may wear their leadership shirts on sport days only.
Hats: No Hats are required for June or July
Makeup: Makeup and fingernail polish are not part of the school uniform and are not to be worn.
Hair Ties: Hair ties should be in keeping with the school colours.
Jewellery: The school policy is that the only jewellery students are allowed to wear to school is watches, only studs to be worn as one pair of earrings – wearing of other jewellery can become a safety issue.
Coats/Scarfs/Beanies: Children are permitted to wear any coat, beanie or scarf in the colder months. We do not have a school specific coat, scarf or beanie. We ask that children only wear these outside and remove them once they are inside the school building.
Please see below examples of our school uniform. This information is also found on our website here.
Primary school photos will be held on Tuesday, 23 June 2020.
ELC photos will be held on Tuesday, 23 June 2020 and Friday, 26 June 2020.
All students are to wear full winter uniform. Jumpers will be removed for the photo so please ensure the correct shirt is worn - please no sports uniforms.
Order envelopes have been sent home with students on 11 June 2020.
Please note that due to COVID-19 restrictions, all students will be photographed individually and then placed in class groups.
Family/Siblings Photos: Family photos are still permitted. Only children who present a Siblings Presentation Order Form to the photographer on photo day will have their Family/Siblings photo taken. Envelopes for family photos are available at the Front Office. A discount applies for families with 3 or more children. After purchasing Individual Packs for EACH child a Siblings Presentation pack of your choice will be free.
Split Families: Each student is issued with one shoot key. In the case of split families, any parent requiring additional photos requires a shoot key. To obtain a shoot key please call the photographers on 62559208, or email email@example.com to be issued with this shoot key.
Dear Parents and Carers
Please note that students who are late for school (after 9am) must be accompanied to the Front Office by an adult and be signed in by that adult.
If your child needs to leave school during the day, for an appointment for example, they must also be signed-out and then signed-in via the Front Office. Students should only re-enter the school via the Front Office door and not other external doors.
Thank you for your co-operation.
Each week we accumulate a large amount of lost property - uniforms, bags, lunch boxes, hats, hair accessories, pencil cases, drink bottles.
We are often unable to return these items to their rightful owners as they are not labelled with the child's name.
Please label all belongings clearly in permanent marker. Items that are not labelled are either disposed of or placed in the clothing pool for purchase.
|Parish Priest||Father Tom Thornton|
|Parish Secretary||Debbie Hoffman|
|Telephone||02 6258 1563|
|Address||23 Lhotsky Street
CHARNWOOD ACT 2615
|MASS TIMES||Please call the Parish to make a booking to attend Mass
|Monday to Sunday||9:30am|
The Archbishop has asked that we pass on the following links to assist in keeping people connected in these challenging times.
Congratulations to the following students who will be celebrating their birthday this month:
Millie A; Livinia W; Phoebe S; Leonardo S; Imogen C; Maeve J; Leilani M H;
Lucinda B; Maddison J; Emily M; Samuel B; Zachary M; Ivy LH; Luke S; Liam M; Tayah J; Mason S; Angelo C; Annabelle M; Emma O; Nicholas B; Hannah D;
Bianca C; Eleana O; Georgia R; Liam WS; Sam D; Hannah S; Nella WS; Magdalena J; Dhieu P; Lachlan M; Tyrone C; Choul C; Elishka M; Lucas G.